Massage is a soft tissue technique that increases blood and lymph circulation throughout the body and is a general term for rubbing, pressing, and manipulating your ligaments, tendons, muscles, and skin. Massage also assists in healing muscle soreness, decreasing inflammation, and can help increase the range of motion. Techniques of massage therapy range from deep pressure to light stroking depending on the type of massage your body requires. Our massage therapists work closely with our physical therapists to ensure that you get what you need from your massage, and then some. Massage is also very effective for simply relaxing!
Conditions Treated with Massage Therapy in Las Vegas
Many studies have been conducted on what kinds of conditions massage therapy can assist with during the healing process. It isn’t only used for stress or relaxation but for a wide variety of natural healing for other conditions. Massage therapy can assist and help to speed up the healing process in the following areas:
- Improve range of motion and help to alleviate low-back pain.
- For expectant mothers, it can help to assist with easier, shorter labor.
- Ease the dependence on medications by releasing endorphins that act as the body’s natural painkiller.
- Insomnia due to stress is commonly helped with the use of massage therapy, making it possible to sleep at night again.
- Help to relieve the pain caused by fibromyalgia.
- Massage therapy provides a release from anxiety and depression.
- The body’s natural defense system is stimulated enhancing immunity.
- Relieve pain caused by consistent migraines.
- Overused, tired, injured, weak, or tight muscles can be relaxed, stretched, and exercised by promoting oxygen and blood circulation to those areas for a faster healing process.
- When being an athlete, you must prepare and recover from harsh workouts. Massage therapy stretches the muscles to help to prevent injury or release already existing injuries caused by sports.
- Reduce post-surgery swelling and adhesions, as well as promote tissue regeneration of existing scar tissue and stretch marks
Benefits of Massage Therapy in Las Vegas
As more people and healthcare providers have started to embrace massage therapy as a form of healing, the results and overall benefits have been outstanding. Patients see overall benefits in a wide range of conditions. Ranging from neurological disorders, injuries, tensions of living a modern lifestyle, as well as chronic diseases.
For your health and overall wellbeing massage therapy is a great option for those looking for a natural release from everyday pain, anxiety and so much more.
Patients have said to have:
- Have an increase in circulation, which helps to relieve pain and promote healing.
- Improved concentration, and increased energy.
- Decreased anxiety, which leads to better sleep quality.
- Reduced fatigue overall.
- Less stiffness and aches in patients dealing with arthritis.
- Reduced pain, stiffness, and aches in patients who suffer from muscle and joint disorders, or injuries.
Beyond the benefits for specific conditions or diseases, some people enjoy massage because it often involves caring, comfort, a sense of empowerment, and creating deep connections with their massage therapist.
Despite its benefits, massage isn’t meant as a replacement for regular medical care. Let your doctor know you’re trying a massage and be sure to follow any standard treatment plans you have.
When Should I Think About Getting Massage Therapy?
- Before Activity (from playing with kids to marathon)
- After Activity (or Exercise)
- Restorative (for maintaining health and well-being)
- Rehabilitative (After injury or operation)
Risks of Massage
Massage is generally safe as long as it’s done by a trained massage therapist, but massage is not appropriate for everyone. Discuss massage with your doctor first in case of:
- Unexplained pain or other symptoms
- Burns or open wounds
- Blood clots
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Severe osteoporosis
Some forms of massage can leave you feeling a bit sore the next day. But massage shouldn’t be painful or uncomfortable. If any part of your massage doesn’t feel right or is painful, speak up right away. Most serious problems come from too much pressure during massage.
Relieve your pain with massage therapy today in Las Vegas
If you are interested in gaining the many benefits of manual therapy, contact us today! Our dedicated physical therapists will be happy to meet with you and get you moving once again.
Request An Appointment
Please fill out this form and
we will contact you about scheduling.
“Optimize PT is GREAT! As a longtime athlete, I’ve had my fair share of injuries and pains/niggles that never seemed to go away after massage or seeing other specialists. After coming to see Christie at Optimize, I immediately saw major changes in how my body felt. Her and the rest of the team are extremely knowledgeable, super friendly and really take the time to listen and help in any way they can. I would recommend them to everyone!”
“Dr. Zaki is the answer you’re looking for. He has helped me move better, understand my body more, and helped immensely with my body awareness. I still learn from his social media everyday. As a Licensed Massage Therapist in the medical field, finding Dr. Zaki was a game changer. I only refer my clients to him. He has helped so many clients of mine avoid surgeries for good, reach movement goals, and learn how to future proof their body. This is one on one therapy specifically for your goals and body. Thanks for all you do Optimize!”