It is an ancient treatment which is in usage since thousand years ago. Most commonly it is used to is back and neck pain. It involves a suction force to suck the blood in the cup from the skin. It is believed that the concept of coupling was first given by Muslim scholars and they called it his hijama in ancient times. learn more…
Who uses cupping?
Nowadays cupping is used by several medical experts including
- Massage therapists.
- Medical doctors.
- And most importantly bye physical therapist
Conditions used to treat
Cupping can be used to treat several disorders related to the musculoskeletal system so we can say that coupling is an essential part of physiotherapy in most the diseases such as
- Arthritis including rheumatoid arthritis
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Muscle pain
- Shoulder pain
- Many breathing disorders such as asthma
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Headache and all types of migraines
- Some disorders of GIT
Benefits of cupping
There is no scientific evidence that how cupping works in the body and how it is beneficial or harmful for us. But it is evident that it reduces symptoms of many diseases and helps to relax the body and mind as well some of the benefits of cupping which can’t be denied are.
- It is a non-invasive and inexpensive treatment
- It regulates blood flow in the body
- It releases toxins from our body
- It lowers blood pressure in hypertensive patients
- It helps in the healing process
- It relaxes our mind
- Immunity boosted by cupping
- Helps in fighting chronic fatigue syndrome
- It heals urinary diseases
- It is a way of relaxation
- Used to treat skin problems migraines anxiety and depression.
- Normalize flow of lymph
- Help in the treatment of diseases such as arthritis and carpal tunnel syndrome
- This is a shortlist of benefits you can get from cupping the benefits of cupping for more than this list
Come to have your therapy
Risk of cupping
Cupping is an extremely beneficial process but if done by a quack it can cause more harm than benefit some of the potential harms of cupping include
- Burns from an extremely hot cup
- And skin disorders as well
Cupping is an extremely beneficial treatment that can help you to fight many diseases as well as relax your mind and body. It helps in removing the toxins from your body and will give you a glow-up but before choosing the cupping for you consult with your physical therapist and make sure that you don’t have any diseases such as hemophilia anemia or eczema. Cupping in these conditions causes more harm than a benefit so make sure you talk to your physical therapist first about these conditions and then go for cupping treatment.
Book your appointment
LEAVE A COMMENT